WHAT IS DOCTOR OF PHYSICAL THERAPY
A Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) is the entry-level degree for people who want to become physical therapists. NIU offers a 5-year program in Physical Therapy with the nomenclature of Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT). Physical therapy is an autonomous, patient/client focused health care profession. It provides first contact health services to patient/client in order to prevent and manage pain, physical impairments, activity limitation and participation restriction in their activities. Physical therapy provides privileges for autonomous practice that includes direct and unrestricted access to patient/client, professional ability to refer to other health care providers/professionals and professional ability to refer for diagnostic tests. Advancement in the medical field and awareness of disability prevention has increased the role of physical therapy in healthcare.
The mission of the DPT program is to prepare students to become physical therapists that embrace evidence-based physical therapy practice, meet the multifaceted health needs of patients, consumers, and society, and participate in professional and community service. To fulfill this mission, we create a stimulating and collaborative environment that promotes education, research, service, and leadership.
The Doctor of Physical Therapy Program at the NUR International University supports the mission and goals of the university and the Department of Physical Therapy with the ultimate purpose of preserving, promoting, and improving the health and well-being of populations, communities, and individuals. Our values of excellence, diversity, integrity, respect for human dignity, teamwork, and social responsibility serve as the pillars of our faculty’s educational philosophy and are reflected in our program goals.
The Doctor of Physical Therapy Program believes that by creating a dynamic and innovative learning environment in a culture of social responsibility and robust research activities, our program will generate leaders who will move our profession forward.
WHY AT NIU
- Our teaching methodology is designed to lay down a strong foundation for movement sciences knowledge and bridging movement sciences with clinical sciences in order to understand and solve clinical problems.
- Physical Therapy curriculum at NIU includes theoretical, practical, clinical and research courses to prepare graduates to function in a variety of settings in the field.
- The major hallmarks of studying Physical Therapy at NIU are the experienced subject specialists as basic and clinical science faculty and a well-developed network of clinical training facilities. Our students have access to the Fatima Memorial Hospital offering the best physical therapy services by highly competent clinicians for more than three decades.
- Our department is furnished with state of the art musculoskeletal and neurological labs to provide students a parallel hand’s on learning experience.
- We provide the opportunity of supervised clinical practice in which students can learn their clinical skills by direct encounter with patients in the supervision of clinical supervisors.
- Our on-campus clinic is equipped with modernized exercise therapy, manual therapy and electrotherapy equipment, that not only serve the local population but also provide the pragmatic learning opportunity to students.
- We aim to make our graduates critical thinkers, self-directed lifer long learners and researchers additionally our courses are designed to ensures that our graduates are able to compete and secure good job placements in the market. We also enable them to be very useful members of the society by attaining skills of leadership, management, communication, entrepreneurship and teamwork.
Physical therapists play an essential role in today’s healthcare environment and are recognized as vital providers of rehabilitation for impairments, functional limitations and disabilities resulting from: Neurological Disorders, Musculoskeletal Disorders, Cardiopulmonary Disorders, Pediatric Problems, Sports Injuries, Balance Disorders etc.
Physical therapists can work in a variety of settings including Hospitals, Rehabilitation Centers, Special Schools, Sports Teams, Private Clinics, Home Healthcare Agencies.
||Semester Tuition Fee (PKR)
|Doctor of Physical Therapy
Other Charges Chart
|Application Processing Fee (One time Charges)
|Clubs & Societies Fund
|Semester Enrollment Fund
|Practical Learning Lab*
|Semester Examination Fee
|Admission Fee (One time Charges)
|Security Deposit (One time charges – Refundable)
*Practical Learning Lab charges are not applicable in case of MS Nutrition & Dietetics, MPhil
Physiology, MS Economics, MBA (1.5 / 2 Years)
• The above Fee Structure does not include any govt. taxes and students will be charged taxes u/s 236 I of income tax ordinance. Students will be charged taxes when their annual fee would be more than PKR 200,000/-
• The fees and related charges are subject to revision at any time against non-proportionate inflation or an increase in the cost of the provision of services
• Additional Per Credit Hour Fee will be charged for Summer Semester or separate course offered during the normal tenure to meet the deficiency requirement
• To get the refund of security original receipt must be presented.