MS NUTRITION AND DIETETICS
The Postgraduate Program in Food, Nutrition and Dietetics at NUR International University crosses borders and disciplines. It encompasses understanding of supportive nutritional treatments for modern day ailments while developing skills in preventive management. The program represents confluence of new and emerging trends in healthcare at several levels and takes into account recent discoveries in human biochemistry and nutritional medicine. The program encourages students to think critically, communicate effectively and analyze scientific research in the field of food and nutrition.
Why study “MS Nutrition and Dietetics ‘’ at NIU?
Department of Clinical Nutrition is a leading and well-established department at NUR International University providing practice skills in Medical Nutrition Therapy for Indoor and Outdoor patients in Paeds, Medical, Surgical, Gynae, Intensive Care and Critical Care Units at Fatima Memorial Hospital, Shadman, Lahore under the supervision of Consultant Clinical Nutritionists throughout 2-years degree program to have hands on practice and graduate as experts in their field.
SCOPE & CAREER PROSPECTS:
The students after completing the degree will be able to practice in Government and Private Sectors as:
- Consultant Clinical Nutritionist/Dietitian
- Community Nutritionist/Public Health Nutritionist
- Nutrition Educationist and Researcher
- Nutrition Program Managers
|Total Credit Hours
||Fall/ Spring Semester
List of Approved Courses for MS Food, Nutrition And Dietetics
||Therapeutic Role of Macro and Micro-nutrients
||Life Cycle Nutrition
||Advanced Medical Nutrition Therapy
||Food Safety and Quality Management
||Functional Foods, Ageing & Degenerative Diseases
||Nutrigenomics and Nutrigenetics
||Food & Nutrition Services Practice
||Advanced Human Nutrition & Metabolism
||Applied Community Nutrition
||Recent Advances in Human Nutrition
||Clinical Aspects and Nutritional Influences on Biochemistry
||Global Food Issue
||Food Laws and Regulations
||Food Toxins & Allergens
||Nutrition Education & Awareness
||Sports & Exercise Nutrition
||Nutritional Practice, Communication & Counselling Skills
- Major Courses will be compulsory in specific semester.
- Minor/ Elective courses will be as per course work requirement of each student and will not be more than 1/3 of the total credit hours (as per HEC criteria).
- Biochemistry and Physiology will be offered as Minor courses.
- Biostatistics as Deficiency course will be offered as per requirement of the course work.
Candidate having background in:
- BS/B.Sc. Hons. Nutritional Sciences
- BS/B.Sc. Hons. Home Economics (Major: Food & Nutrition)
- BS / B.Sc. Hons. Human Nutrition & Dietetics
- BS / B.Sc. Hons. Food Science & Technology
- No 3rd division in entire academic career
- 16 years of formal education with at least 2.5 CGPA.
Candidate must pass any one of following:
- Major Subject Test by Clinical Nutrition Department
- Interview by Admission committee
- Result awaiting students can apply but submission of complete official transcript at the time of interview will be mandatory.
- CGPA in the last degree will be counted as past academic achievements.
- Candidates who fail in the Departmental Test will be ineligible to appear for the interview.
||Semester Tuition Fee (PKR)
|MS Nutrition & Dietetics
• The above Fee Structure does not include any govt. taxes and students will be charged taxes u/s 236 I of income tax ordinance. Students will be charged taxes when their annual fee would be more than PKR 200,000/-
• The fees and related charges are subject to revision at any time against non-proportionate inflation or an increase in the cost of the provision of services
• Additional Per Credit Hour Fee will be charged for Summer Semester or separate course offered during the normal tenure to meet the deficiency requirement
• To get the refund of security original receipt must be presented.