Brief Introduction of the Program
MPhil in Physiology will be a two years program after the completion of MBBS, BDS, DPT, DVM, Pharm-D and BS four years or sixteen years of education with major in Physiology.
Students may opt for PhD after completion of MPhil program with some advance courses. It is expected that the program will be in great demand. It will enhance knowledge of the students which will provide them an edge for competing for jobs in the market.
Major focus of the program is to provide training and advanced knowledge in the subject of Physiology. Hardly any other program in Physiology in other universities has such a focused program. The program will be unique regarding maintaining high quality education offered in the selected areas, in which there is a significant demand in the market. In this way we will be bringing a significant change in the market and shall be playing a vital role in the development of Basic Sciences Faculties/Departments in various Universities in the country.
Objectives of the Program
The program is designed to cater the growing demand for graduate and post graduate studies. The specific objectives are:
- Provision of quality education.
- Train graduates as per demand of Colleges/Medical Colleges/Public & Private Sector
- Produce responsible leaders to contribute for ethical education in the field of Physiology
- Ensure sound training for advanced research.
- Develop creative and analytical thinking in postgraduate students
Scope of the program
MPhil in Physiology will be a two years program and consists of 4 semesters. The MPhil program in Physiology will be a new program, not only to meet the growing demand for higher education but also to provide opportunities to our talented students to get better jobs.
The employment opportunities for holding MPhil in Physiology are manifolds compared to their current supply. Our program will provide trained faculty for Medical Colleges and Universities to produce highly educated, well trained MPhil Physiology work force for public sector and private universities. In addition to this, our program will provide trained researchers for private and public sectors
MPhil program will not only provide economic benefits/return but its social benefits will also be many times more than any other program in comparable disciplines. The MPhil degree is now an entry-level requirement for teaching in most of the colleges and universities in Pakistan. They are also in demand for colleges having master level programs.
Physiologist can work in:
- Dental Colleges
- Medical Colleges
- Pharmacy Colleges
- Schools of Physical Therapy
- Veterinary Institutions
- Paramedical Colleges
- Research laboratories.
- You can also work medical research labs in the traditional medicine colleges as well as in the homeopathic colleges.
- Agricultural Research Labs
- Botanical Labs
|Total Credit Hours:
| Semester 1
|Advance General Physiology
||Advances in Clinical Endocrinology
|Advanced Biochemistry (C C)*
||Biostatistics (C C)*
|Research and Thesis
||Research and Thesis
*Core Compulsory Course
Elective Courses for MPhil in Physiology.
Compulsory Elective Courses
BIOC 600 Advanced Biochemistry (3 Credits)
STAT 600 Biostatistics (3 Credits)
PHYS 601 Advances in Renal Physiology (3 Credits)
PHYS 602 Physiology of Digestion and Metabolism (4 Credits)
PHYS 603 Advanced Neuro- Endocrinology (3-Credits)
PHYS 604 Active Teaching of Physiology (2 Credits)
PHYS 605 Sports Physiology (3 Credits)
PHYS 606 Environmental Physiology (3 Credits)
MPhil in Physiology: Scheme of Studies
The credits requirement of study is as given below.
Course work Thesis
1st Semester 12 –
2nd Semester 12 –
3rd Semester – 06 (Thesis)
4th Semester – 06 (Thesis)
Total 24 + 12 = 36
Eligibility criteria for Admission in MPhil Physiology
The Candidate holding DPT, BDS, MBBS, Pharm-D and BS four years or sixteen years of education with major in Physiology with first division or CGPA=2.5 will be admitted to MPhil.
An applicant shall be judged by the following criterion for admission:-
- Professional experience: for Teaching/Research/Professional experience
- Written test, i.e. GAT/GRE/ Department Test.
||Semester Tuition Fee (PKR)
Other Charges Chart
|Application Processing Fee (One time Charges)
|Clubs & Societies Fund
|Semester Enrollment Fund
|Practical Learning Lab*
|Semester Examination Fee
|Admission Fee (One time Charges)
|Security Deposit (One time charges – Refundable)
*Practical Learning Lab charges are not applicable in case of MS Nutrition & Dietetics, MPhil
Physiology, MS Economics, MBA (1.5 / 2 Years)
• The above Fee Structure does not include any govt. taxes and students will be charged taxes u/s 236 I of income tax ordinance. Students will be charged taxes when their annual fee would be more than PKR 200,000/-
• The fees and related charges are subject to revision at any time against non-proportionate inflation or an increase in the cost of the provision of services
• Additional Per Credit Hour Fee will be charged for Summer Semester or separate course offered during the normal tenure to meet the deficiency requirement
• To get the refund of security original receipt must be presented.