Mr. Muhammad Ahmed joined NIU as Lecturer of speech and language pathology. Mr. Muhammad Ahmed earned his M.Phil. degree in speech & language pathology from Riphah international university and Bachelor’s degree in speech and language pathology from University of health science. Mr. Muhammad Ahmed is certified aphasia therapist (BCAST) and certified Audio verbal Therapist (AVT). Prior to joining Nur International University he served as a consultant speech and language pathologist at Hamza Foundation Academy for deaf for two years and as a consultant Speech language pathologist at Pakistan Cochlear Implant Centre Lahore for two years. He had over 7 years of teaching & clinical experience in field of speech and language pathology. Beside his academic engagements he does multiple clinical activities at Fatima memorial hospital.
His research interest includes:
- Professional ethics & industry involvement in clinical education
- Evidence based practices in speech and language pathology
- Monitoring and evaluating progress in CI client.
- Efficacy of treatment in aphasia.
- MS-SLP from Riphah International University (RIU)
- BSc (Hons) from University of Health Sciences (UHS)
- BCAST from Riphah International University (RIU)
- Certified Audio verbal Therapist from Pakistan cochlear implant Centre.
- Effect of speech therapy in children with cochlear implant.
- Efficacy of intensive aphasia therapy in patient with chronic aphasia.
- Hearing Implants Symposium by Pakistan Cochlear Implant Program & Med-El Pakistan held on 20th Feb 2011.
- Two days’ workshop on “Speech and Language Therapy” at Government Training College for Teachers of The Deaf, Lahore from 28th November to 29th November 2011.
- Attended one day workshop on ASD at Wapda Hospital Lahore.
- Workshop on Time Management conducted at NUR (Nur International University) Lahore January 2018.
- Workshop on “Handling Difficult Students and Giving Feedback” conducted at Nur International University Lahore, 2017.
- Workshop on “MCQs Development &Item Analysis” conducted at Nur International University Lahore, 2017.
- Workshop on “Audio verbal Therapy” conducted at Pakistan Cochlear Implant Centre Bahria Town Lahore in 2015.
- Workshop on “Audio verbal Therapy” conducted at Pakistan Cochlear Implant Centre Bahria Town Lahore in 2016.
- Workshop on “Audio verbal Therapy” conducted at Pakistan Cochlear Implant Centre Bahria Town Lahore in 2017.
||Language and Linguistics
||Motor Speech Disorders
||Clinical Supervised practice II
||Professional Aspects of SLP
||Phonetic and Phonology
||Neurosciences for SLP
||Clinical Supervised practice IV