Merit Based Scholarships
These scholarships are awarded initially according to the performance of applicants in Intermediate level, and later on the basis of CGPA in the preceding semesters.
Merit based Scholarships will be offered to the students with the following criteria:
For Undergraduate Programs
- Scholarship on the basis of BISE Examinations (Fresh Intake For 1st Semester Only)
|96% and above marks||100%|
|91% to 95% marks||90%|
|86% to 90% marks||80%|
|81% to 85% marks||70%|
|76% to 80% marks||50%|
|71% to 75% marks||40%|
|66% to 70% marks||20%|
|60% to 65% marks||10%|
- Merit Scholarship For DPT and BSNS (BISE Examinations Fresh Intake for 1st Semester Only)
|96% – Above||50%|
- Scholarship on the basis of A-levels (Fresh Intake)
|Two A’s & One B’s||50%|
|One A’s & Two B’s||40%|
|Two B’s & One C||20%|
|One B & Two C’s||10%|
- Scholarship on the basis of CGPAs (For Subsequent Semesters – All programs)
- For Under Graduate Programs
|CPGA 3.91 to CGPA 4.00||40%|
|CPGA 3.81 to CGPA 3.90||30%|
|CGPA 3.61 to CGPA 3.80||25%|
|CGPA 3.41 to CGPA 3.60||20%|
|CGPA 3.21 to CGPA 3.40||15%|
|CGPA 3.00 to CGPA 3.20||10%|
- For Post Graduate Programs
Merit Scholarships shall be offered to the Post-graduate students against following CGPA based criteria for all the semesters:
|CGPA 3.91 to 4.00||40%|
|CGPA 3.71 to 3.90||30%|
|CGPA 3.51 to 3.70||20%|
|CPGA 3.25 to 3.50||10%|
The Research Thesis/Dissertation fee i.e. 40% of gross tuition fee, shall be charged in full from all MS/MPhil. students. (Scholarship shall be awarded for theoretical subjects only).
A limited number of Need Based Scholarships are available to the students of Undergraduate Programs who demonstrate need, to be supported by a completed Financial Assistance Form (available from the Student Affairs Department) along with supporting documents i.e. home utility bills, rent agreement, salary slips etc.
Financial Assistance Committee shall decide the deserving candidates on case to case basis on its own upon assessment of the student financial condition, interview with the student/guardians or through home verification by member of Student Affairs Department.
Need Based Scholarships shall be awarded up-to 30% of tuition fee excluding any other scholarship with the recommendations of the Financial Assistance Committee and approval of the Vice Chancellor. The scholarship will be terminated in the following conditions:
- If the student fails to maintain CGPA 3.00 in a semester;
- If a student does not qualify for scholarship for a semester due to CGPA lower than the required CGPA, she/he may again apply for need based scholarship after attaining the required CGPA. However, no refunds/adjustments shall be made for the full fee paid in the previous semesters.
Special Person (Disabled) Scholarship
All certified special persons (Disabled) enrolled in Undergraduate programs of the University shall be awarded up-to 50% concession in tuition fee in case of need. Financial Assistance Committee will assess the disability and shall approve the percentage of Special Person (Disabled) Scholarship.
Kinship Scholarship of 20% of the tuition fee shall be awarded to each kin of Alumni (only real brother, sister, mother, father, son, daughter, husband and wife). This scholarship shall be allowed for the whole undergraduate program. Such student shall be not be eligible to avail any other kind of financial assistance during the whole undergraduate program.
NUR-FMS Alumni and Employee Scholarship
For NUR-FMS Alumni and Employees, 50% scholarship in tuition fee shall be awarded in first semester for all programs. However, they shall be also be entitled to merit based scholarships later on basis of CGPA of the preceding semester as mentioned above.
Nationwide Outreach Remote Area/Minorities Scholarship
For remote area students (list below) or minorities, 30% scholarship in tuition fee shall be awarded in first semester for all programs. However, they shall be also be entitled to merit based scholarships later on basis of CGPA of the preceding semester as mentioned above.
Applicant being resident of any of the following areas:
- Gilgit Baltistan
- South Punjab
Corporate Linkage Scholarship
|Sr.||Corporate Linkage Status||Scholarship|
|1||Applicant being current employee of NIU’s MOU partner||20%|
|2||Applicant being a working professional (Only for weekend programs)||20%|
||Financial Assistance Committee|
Policy Principles & Rules Governing Scholarships
NIU is committed to provide an open, fair and transparent process based on the following vigorous and justified policies and procedures:
- Only full time students enrolled in Undergraduate & Post graduate programs of the University shall be eligible for all kinds of scholarships as per their criteria.
- A participant will only avail one type of scholarship or financial assistance. However, need based individual cases will be recommended by the Financial Assistance Committee to the competent authority for final approval.
- Members of the Financial Assistance Committee shall disclose their conflict of interest, if any, with the applicant before evaluation.
- Scholarships shall be awarded as per the approved Financial Budget provided by the Finance Department.
- Any kind of scholarships will not be awarded for the Summer Semester.
- It is mandatory for every scholarship holder to finish their enrolled program in the PRESCRIBED DURATION of the program. No extension of award will be provided beyond the standard duration of the course/degree;
- If participant getting scholarship or financial assistance repeats a course, no scholarship shall be awarded for that particular course;
- The University reserves the right to review or cancel awards due to changes in financial standing, country situation, academic or program status. Any change in policy shall be applicable to all the students enrolled in the University with retrospective as well as prospective effect.
- All kinds of financial assistance and scholarships shall be withdrawn for subsequent semesters:
- If the student defaults his/her installment plan agreed with the University;
- If the student fails to maintain the required CGPA for each kind of scholarship in subsequent semesters;
- If a student does not qualify for scholarship for a semester due to CGPA lower than the required CGPA, she/he may again apply for the relevant scholarship after attaining the required CGPA. However, no refunds/adjustments shall be made for the full fee paid in the previous semesters.
- In case of any disciplinary breach, involvement in activities political, unethical, and/or against the interest(s) of the University or its authorities shall be liable to disciplinary action and shall result in withdrawal of all scholarships and financial assistance.